Wil & Lelia (Valdemar, ed. Mercedes Lackey) (Chronological)
- “Starhaven”, Sun in Glory, DAW 2003
- “Safe and Sound”, Crossroads, DAW 2005
- “Broken Bones”, Moving Targets, DAW 2008
- “Midwinter Gifts”, Changing the World, DAW 2009
- “Otherwise Engaged”, Finding the Way, DAW 2010
- “Sight and Sound”, Under the Vale, DAW 2011
- “The Whitest Lie”, No True Way, DAW 2014
- “The Highjorune Masque”, Crucible, DAW 2015
- “A Small Quarrel”, Tempest, DAW 2016
- “Bootknife”, Pathways, DAW 2017
- “Acceptable Losses”, Choices, DAW 2018
Other (Alpha by Title)
- “Ancient Warrior”, Sword & Sorceress XI, DAW 1994
- “At the Tolling of Midnight”, Sword & Sorceress VII, DAW 1990
- “Blood Ties”, Sword of Ice, DAW 1997
- “Circle of Ashes”, Lammas Night, Baen 1996
- “Empty Jar, Empty Chest”, 100 Wicked Little Witch Stories, Barnes & Noble 1995
- “Fly or Fall”, Elementary, DAW 2013
- “Her Mother’s Sword”, Sword & Sorceress X, DAW 1993
- “Jewel-Bright”, Sword & Sorceress XIII, DAW 1996
- “Promise to Angel”, Sword & Sorceress XII, DAW 1995
- “Shards of Crystal”, Sword & Sorceress VIII, DAW 1991
- “Winterwood”, Sword & Sorceress IX, DAW 1992
Interviews and Articles (non-fiction)
- “Textual Healing”, Game Developer Magazine, Dec 2007
- Jennifer Roberson, MZBFM Win 1995
- Tanya Huff, MZBFM ????
- “Dealing with Rejection”, MZBFM ????
A Little About This List….
I sold my first story when I was thirteen to Sword & Sorceress VII. Every now and then, I somehow repeat the magic.
Selling a story when you are a teenager is a lot like putting things on public social media when you’re a teenager: somewhere in your twenties you begin to regret it. Then you get into your thirties and say, “Eh. Oh well.” And I’m guessing later, in my forties, I might be proud of my teenage self, as I watch my children grow and wonder at the things they accomplish.
I don’t really think my early stories are the height of great storytelling, but I won’t stop people from reading them. Just remember I was still going through acne, and bullies, and other assorted bullshit at that age. And it is not that I don’t still have those problems. I am just better equipped to handle them now.